While using QuickBooks, you might come across some errors when while trying to open QuickBooks Company File. One of the errors is -6000 -77. It might occur when the user does not have the complete required permission on the windows. The errors occur if the files are missing or broken. Most important data can be lost if these signs are ignored. If any important data is lost, a person might not be able to perform the tasks he is supposed to.
Causes for QuickBooks Error -6000 -77:
- The company file is not placed on a local drive, rather it is on an external media.
- The QuickBooks is referring to a mapped drive to open the company file.
- When Quickbooks is running in multi-user mode, the bit defender security system blocks the communication.
- It is important to save the company file in the local drive and not any external one otherwise the error will occur.
Also Read: What is QuickBooks Error 6105 and how to fix it
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error -6000 -77?
- A lot of times, the error gets resolved by simply restarting Quickbooks with an increased permission.
- Download the Quickbooks file doctor and run it on the computer – Since Quickbooks is prone to errors, there is a separate utility tool called Quickbooks file doctor which repairs the files and gets rid of the errors. But the utility is basic and is not efficient in getting rid of all the errors.
- Copy the Quickbooks file on the user’s desktop – Change the location of the file and then try to open it. If it still does not, it means that the file is damaged properly. It has exceeded the file system path limitation. In this case, follow these steps –
- Open the folder containing the company file.
- Find the file that has an extension of.QBW.
- Right click on the file to copy it.
- Go to the desktop and right-click on the screen to paste the file there.
- While the control key has been held down, QuickBooks needs to be opened so that the user is directed towards the No company open window.
- Click open or on restore an existing company. Navigate towards the desktop and search for the company that was copied and open it.
- The QuickBooks error can also be fixed by using the recover lost data with QuickBooks auto data recovery. It is one of the simplest and refined methods of solving the error.
- If the problem still persists, contact the support phone number to get it resolved.
If there is a need for proper guidance and help, the user can use the Quickbooks desktop support phone number 1-888-412-7852.