When one is using any software there is a possibility of any error coming up. After all, it is a machine which can’t be omnipotent. And since it has errors, there are solutions. But one can’t directly get to the solution of if one isn’t aware of the problem as a whole. It is crucial to get to know the error the message displayed while the error pops up on the screen. Then you will automatically get to the streamlined process of solving the issue.
QuickBooks Error 6177 occurs while opening QuickBooks Company File. Also, the computer will work slowly. Let’s get to the causes of this error to find the solution.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error 6177:
One or few factors might lead to the Quickbooks error 6177. The importance of knowing the causes are crucial, as mentioned before too. Here are the causes of the error 6177:
- One of the most basic reasons could be due to the non-existence of the file. The file might have been deleted previously by mistake. And finding for a file which does not exist will naturally cause the error to prompt.
- A malware attack could lead to such an error. Since the attack may corrupt or damage the file the QuickBooks software may not be able to open it.
- Another reason could be due to the corrupt or damaged file. the company file may be damaged due to any reason and hence it can’t be opened.
- The incomplete or improper download of the QuickBooks software also may lead to such error showing up.
- Lastly, the disruption in the windows registry due to the software related changes may not allow it to open the company file.
You May Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 6144
Steps to fix QuickBooks Error 6177:
It is very easy to solve the errors and fix them once we are aware of the exact cause which leads to the error. It shortens out the process of random and reckless searching of the solution. So here are the steps to fix the error with the code 6177:
- Checking the installation of the QuickBooks software can get you the issue resolved. One can check for the incomplete or damaged installation of the QuickBooks software. This would give some insight regarding the further steps.
- One could check for the malware attack. If there is any, fixing the bugs with an anti-virus can resolve the issue. The files could be recovered easily.
- The windows registry could be checked that are associated with the error code 6177.
- The updates regarding the windows should be installed in a complete and clean manner.
- One can change the location of the file from its current one. Firstly one must get them on the computer’s desktop or a part of the drive. Then copying it and saving it on the server would help opening it.
- Lastly calling the support group could be of great help.
It is easy to solve any issue if one is aware of the related things. The process could be a bit time-consuming but it is all worthwhile to know about the software one is using. One tries to save all the time which would be otherwise spent in the future. Else call the Quickbooks desktop customer support phone number 1-888-412-7852.