QuickBooks Error 1920 – QuickBooks is one of the most popular software in the world of accounting and finances. It assists small and medium size businesses to effectively receive payments, pay bills and manage the payroll system. It offers many integrated tools which make the process easy and painless. The company data becomes organized and presentable. However, there are many errors that arise in this process that the users must be aware of.
One such error is QuickBooks Error 1920. QuickBooks Database Manager scans hard drives that are installed in the system for company files. Due to QuickBooks Error 1920, QuickBooks Database Manager fails to start. Incorrect configuration of system settings or irregular entries in the Windows registry may cause this error mainly because the QuickBooks Database manager is unable to create a connection with the company files it was searching for.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1920
Some of the causes of this error are:
- Invalid entries in Windows registry.
- Defective or corrupt download and installation of the software.
- Virus or Malware may pose a threat to the QuickBooks application which causes this error.
- Malfunctions in the system.
- When another program mistakenly deletes files related to QuickBooks software.
- Improper shut down of windows.
You May Also Read: Error 1603 while installing QuickBooks Desktop
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1920
Some solutions that can be implemented in such a situation are:
- Go to QuickBooks Desktop, open it and open the file you wish to rename.
- Now press the F2 key or Ctrl+1 keys together on your keyboard. This will open the Product Information.
- Note the location of the company file and close QuickBooks and every other file (if you are using multi-user mode.)
- Go to the location of the file.
- Select on the file explorer and right click on Window start.
- Select the rename option by right-clicking on the file.
- Type the new name of the organization and once you are done, press enter. Click on Yes if the system asks you to confirm the activity.
Solution 2: Check Compatibility and Upgrade Windows
- Verify if your Windows system is up-to-date. If its components are not upgraded and compatible with the software requirements, then it may cause issues and errors. Upgrade your Windows accordingly.
Solution 3: Clean Out the Junk Folders from your System
- Go to start.
- Type “command” in the search box.
- Now hold Ctrl + Shift keys together and press enter.
- Click Yes in the Permission dialogue box that will appear.
- Enter “cleanmgr” in the black box (with a blinking cursor) that appears next and press Enter. Disk Cleanup will begin.
- Select the checkboxes of the junk files you want to clean out and click OK.
Some Other Solutions:
- Refrain from running multiple programs while you are troubleshooting the error. End all the processes that appear in the error message by using Task Manager.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Try Rebooting your computer.
- If any security software has been recently installed, then you should remove it.
- The Firewall must be kept turned off.
- You can uninstall and re-install QuickBooks application if the error persists.
- You can also try installing the sage application.
- In case QuickBooks has previously been running with a security software, make sure that it is compatible with QB and upgraded to an appropriate version.
You May Also Read About: How to Resolving QuickBooks Desktop Errors 9999?
If the QuickBooks Error 1920 fails to be resolved by the above solutions, you can contact QuickBooks team anytime. Dial the toll-free Quickbooks Desktop Customer Support Phone Number 1-888-905-3553. You can reach them through email support or live chat option as well.