QuickBooks Scan Manager – QuickBooks Accounting software is designed to help businesses with their financial transactions like the processing of bills and receipts, converting them to workable data, and facilitating the entry of that data into its platform. The Scan Manager, available as part of QuickBooks, will handle this requirement.
The QuickBooks Scan Manager facilitates the scanning of invoices, sale receipts, bills, and other physical transactions. It then converts the same into workable data. While using this tool it is common to encounter errors. The following content discusses the common issues encountered while scanning documents.
How is the Scanning Process Done?
Before starting with the scanning process, the scan manager needs to be set up. The first step is to create a scan profile. After successfully creating a scan profile, the next step is to set up and test the scanner. After successfully testing the scanner, the user can start with the scanning process.
What are the Common issues Encountered While Scanning Bills?
Our QuickBooks Support Helpline deals with common issues in scanning include:
- Inability to detect the scanner.
- Problem scanning bill.
- Scan manager does not re
- Issues accessing documents in a multi-user mode.
- Inability to find scanner drive
- Incompatibilities between the scanning manager and the scanning device
- Error message – “Quickbooks Scan Manager Not Working cannot be select”
- Error message – “Quickbooks Scan Manager Compatible Scanners has stopped working.”
- Slow QuickBooks scan Manage Error message – “QB Scan Manager is lagging.”
- Error message – “QuickBooks Scan Manager cannot create a new profile”
- Error message – “QuickBooks Scan Manager already running.”
- Receiving error 281, 1 while trying to scan a document.
- Error message – “No profiles in QuickBooks scan manage”
- Other errors during attachment of documents.
Also Read: What’s New in QuickBooks Desktop 2019
What can Be Done to Fix Scanning Issues?
Before calling the QuickBooks Support Helpline, try the following fixes.
- If the error is due to scanning set up, troubleshoot to see if the scanner is working independently. Also, check if the scanner being used is TWAIN-compliant.
- If the error message reads “Could not scan. TWAIN driver is not found”:
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks Desktop application
- Go to a sample company file.
- Go to the company menu. Navigate to the Doc Center link under Documents.
- Click on the link to scan a Document.
- Click Select and select <Compatible Scanner> as the scanner.
- Scan a sample document into a file.
- Attach the document file into the sample company file.
- Next, come out of the Company file.
- Scan a document.
- Check if you resolved the scanning errors.
- If the errors are due to incompatible software, it is necessary to check if the QuickBooks Desktop software is up to date. Check for the installed version on the windows system. Search to check the latest version of update available. If you haven’t already updated the version, download and install the latest updates. Restart the application.
- Ensure that only one instance of the scan manager is running at a time.
If The Error with Code 281, 1 is Displayed:
- Close any running QuickBooks Desktop applications.
- Go to the Windows Start
- Select the search
- Search for Control Panel.
- Navigate to the Add/Remove Programs in the Classic View of the Control Panel.
- Go to the specific QuickBooks Installation program.
- Select it and then click on the option to repair the installation.
- Go through the guided procedure to successfully repair the installation.
- Restart the QuickBooks Desktop application and check if the errors are resolved.
- If the above procedure does not resolve the error, it is necessary to do a complete uninstallation of the QuickBooks Application and perform a clean Re-install.
You May Also Read: How to Fix Balance Sheet Out of Balance Issue in QuickBooks Desktop
How to Contact the QuickBooks Support Team For Further Assistance?
If the above steps do not help in solving the scanning issues, it is necessary to contact QuickBooks Desktop Support for more. We are always at your services. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-905-3553.